Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Dream Of A Trout

I dream of a trout,
I link my identity to him...
I belong on the river,
along side where he swims...
I've tried the brotherhood of man,
it simply doesn't appeal...
For a dreamer, a lover, a philosopher,
the facades of society produce nothing real...
So I immerse myself into the wood the water...
Finding a purer joy and love,
that I have ever wished to seek...
The truth, the honor surrounds me,
within this kingdom week after week...
As each eagle graces my presence
by flying over head...
As one's eyes lay witness to the birth of a fawn,
within a mist filled field upon a grassy bed...
These sights these sounds surround me,
they define the man I am...
So I frequent the river more and more,
rod and reel usually in hand...
For the scholar of these life lessons,
swims within the river in each nook, each crevice and around each bend...
In the form of a trout the adversary I seek,
matching my skill against again and again...
And when I'm far from the water,
with lack of cool breeze and crisp water against my skin and cheek...
I dream of a trout,
to get me through the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment